You can create a blank notebook or a copy of an existing sample notebook in your organization if you have the privileges to create and edit notebooks. You can also add an existing notebook from your computer. You can create new notebooks and manage running notebooks from the Notebooks home page. Notebooks you create, add, and that are shared with your organization can be found on the home page, where you can search for them using the search function or filter by date created, date modified, or tags.
To create a blank notebook or a copy of a sample notebook from the Notebooks home page, follow these steps:
- Sign in as a user with privileges to create notebooks.
- On the navigation bar of your organization, click Notebook.
The Notebooks home page opens.
- From the Notebooks home page, do one of the following:
- To create a blank notebook, click New Notebook and choose a notebook runtime from the drop-down list.
- To create a copy of a sample notebook, click the Esri sample notebooks tab and choose a sample notebook.
Your notebook opens.
- Optionally, open and edit notebooks you own from the My notebooks tab or notebooks that have been shared with you from the Shared notebooks tab. Click the ellipsis (...), to do one of the following:
- Preview or View item details of notebooks that you own (in My Notebooks) or that have been shared with you (in Shared notebooks).
- Delete notebook items that you own (in My Notebooks).
Add a notebook from your computer
If you have a notebook file (.ipynb) saved to your computer, you can upload it to your content. It will become an item, and its new item details page will open.
- Verify that you are signed in and have privileges to create content.
- From the My Content tab of the content page, click Add Item and click From your computer.
- Click the browse button and choose the notebook file on your computer.
- Type a title.
- If your organization's administrator has configured content categories, click Assign Category and select up to 20 categories to help people find your item. You can also use the Filter categories search box to narrow the list of categories.
- Type tags that describe your item. Separate the terms with commas (for example, Data analysis is considered one tag; Data, analysis is considered two tags). As you type, you can select any of the suggested tags that appear; suggestions are generated from tags you have added previously.
- Click Add Item.
As with any other item, notebooks have an item page, where you can view and edit item details, modify settings, and share the item.